Barton Fields Allotments is a long established allotment site that has been at the heart of Barton families for generations. Situated off of Barton Village Road where Barton Manor, a listed 17th century house still stands, the site has an avenue of apple trees as its centrepiece. The hamlet of Barton was well established by 1246 and known as Old Barton. Some of our members are following the tradition of their parents and grandparents in tending their allotments.
Polly Whitworth and Sid Abbey
Tussock moth on one plot at allotments has come out of its pups stage and emerged.